Bright, summery and super easy! With a pop of citrus zest, and an icing drizzle, these lemon poppy muffins are perfectly of tangy and sweet.
- 360g all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- 71g butter, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 132g granulated sugar
- 71g brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 76g sour cream, room temperature
- 3/4 cup whole milk, room temperature
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 171g confectioner’s sugar
- 2 1/2–3 tablespoons lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 425ºF. Prepare two muffins tins with 16 lines or non-stick spray.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and poppy seeds in large bowl. Set aside.
- In medium-sized bowl, whisk together butter, oil, and sugars thoroughly. Add eggs and combine. Add sour cream, milk, lemon juice & zest and vanilla, whisk until smooth.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, mix together using a spatula until all ingredients are just combined. Do not overmix!
- Scoop into prepared muffin tins, filling about 2/3 full.
- Bake at 425°F for 5 minutes, then reduce temperature to 350°F and bake for another 12-15 minutes until the muffins are just golden and spring back when pressed.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before placing on cooling rack.
- For Glaze: Once cooled completely, make glaze by whisking together powdered sugar and lemon juice (more lemon will create a thinner glaze) and drizzle over top.
- Store in an airtight container
Keywords: citrus, lemon, brunch