Welcome to the decadent brownies of your childhood dreams. Ridiculously chocolatey, these oreo stuffed brownies are. everything.
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 2 egg yolks, room temperature
- 126g cocoa powder, dutch-processed preferred
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 255g unsalted butter
- 250g sugar
- 266g brown sugar
- 240g all-purpose flour, sifted
- 300g chocolate chips or chunks
- 500g Oreos (about 1 family-sized package)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13″ x 9″ metal baking tin. Line with parchment, leaving the paper slightly long to create a handle to grab the brownies out. Grease the top of the parchment as well.
- Combine eggs, cocoa, salt, baking powder, and espresso powder in a bowl. Mix on medium-high for 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat butter, sugars and vanilla on stovetop or in microwave until butter is melted and mixture is hot, stirring regularly.
- Slowly stir butter mixture into egg mixture.
- Stir in flour and chocolate chips
- Pour 1/2 of the brownie batter into prepared tin. Spread evenly. Top with an even layer of oreos. Pour in remaining batter and smooth evenly.
- Crumble pieces of remaining oreos on top.
- Bake for 35-38 minutes until a toothpick comes out with just a few crumbs (but no liquid batter).
- Cool completely in tin before cutting into 24 squares.
Keywords: chocolate, bars