Cool and refreshing, this nutty milkshake is a perfectly unexpected twist on the classic summer dessert.
- 100g chopped pistachios, roasted salted and shelled
- 50g granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 375g vanilla gelato
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 recipe of pistachio praline (see above)
- Pistachio Praline: Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place pistachios in a single layer on a baking sheet. Toast until fragrant, about 10 minutes.
- Once cool, place pistachios in food processor with sugar and almond extract until a fine paste is formed.
- Gelato Milkshake: Blend pistachio praline and milk until smooth.
- Add ice cream and blend.
- Top with sweetened whipped and cherries if desired.
- Pistachio Praline paste can be made ahead of time and stored in a sealed container in the fridge. The paste lats weeks, so feel free to make a larger batch!
- Short on time? Pistachio paste can be found in some speciality food stores and online retailers.
Keywords: nutty, ice cream