Need a quick cocktail bite? These Spinach and Artichoke Swirls need few ingredients, come together quickly and are addictive, so make extras!
- 1 package (2 sheets) of pre-made puff pastry, defrosted
- 1/4 white onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1–10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed and roughly chopped
- 1–14 ounce can artichoke hearts, diced
- 6 ounces gruyere, shredded
- 1/4 cup feta
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt + pepper
- Egg wash (1 egg + 1 tablespoon water)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sauté onion on medium heat for 3 minutes, add garlic. Remove from heat when garlic starts to brown.
- Mix together onion mixture, spinach, artichokes, cheese, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Lightly roll out one sheet of puff pastry on lightly floured surface. Fill using 1/2 of spinach filling, leaving 1/2″ bare on long edge.
- Roll into pinwheel shape starting on the non-bare long side of the rectangle. Seal using egg wash on bare edge.
- Repeat with second sheet of puff pastry.
- Egg wash sides and top of each pinwheel.
- If dough warms while working, chill pans in fridge for 20 minutes before baking.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden brown.
Keywords: savory, cheesy, cocktail, brunch