This homemade s’mores ice cream gives all the summer s’mores vibes, with a chocolate base, fudge and marshmallow swirl and graham crumbles!
Equipment: 9″ x 5″ loaf tin
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup golden syrup or corn syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder**
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 14–oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 42g unsweetened cocoa powder**
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 54g marshmallow creme
Optional toppings: mini marshmallows, graham crackers
- Make ahead. Fudge Ripple. In a medium sauce pan, combine water, syrup, sugar, cocoa powder and salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer for about 5 minutes. Whisk consistently. Mixture will be frothy as it simmers. Remove from heat and add vanilla. Allow to chill and thicken in fridge for a least 2 hours or up to two weeks in advance.
- Graham Crumble. Mix together dry ingredients with fork. Stir in melted butter. Create crumbs with fork, set aside.
- Chocolate Ice Cream. In a small bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk and cocoa powder. And a separate bowl, whip heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Blend in cocoa powder mixture, salt and vanilla. Stir in graham crumbles
- Assembly. Spread 1/3 of the ice cream into the loaf pan. Drizzle fudge ripple and dollops of 1/3 of the marshmallow creme. Using a knife, lightly swirl together. Repeat with 3 total layers.
- Wrap in plastic and freeze for at least 8 hours before serving.
- *This will yield more fudge than needed in the ice cream. Keep the remaining as a topping!
- **I prefer special or Dutch-processed, but natural cocoa powder will also work
- Store in freezer
Keywords: summer desserts, no bake desserts